About EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a global network of innovation spaces where youth develop market-relevant skills and gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to transition to the workforce or to launch a new wave of youth-owned enterprise. Hosted by local Partner Organizations in 12 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs is a unique platform for youth peer-to-peer collaboration.
EQWIP HUBs is a joint project of Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI), two world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, with generous funding support from the Government of Canada.
EQWIP HUBs is looking for Gender Equality Officers who will support EQWIP HUBs staff, partners and local youth to ensure that the training, services and activities implemented at the HUB are gender-responsive.
As a Gender Equality Officer, you will support the implementation of the EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Strategy. You will collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs staff and other volunteers to identify and address barriers and challenges faced by young women in accessing employability and entrepreneurship training and support mechanisms.
As a volunteer you will:
- Support the EQWIP HUBs’ Country Offices and Partners in reviewing and implementing the Country Gender Equality Strategy
- Support the staff volunteers and partners in implementing the actions and activities detailed in the Gender Equality Strategy, including but not limited to providing training and coaching
- Undertaking outreach to potential HUB Network members and external resources (e.g., women’s groups) to support the Country Gender Equality Strategy
- Support the country team in monitoring, evaluation, and report writing related to Gender Equality activities, outputs and outcomes
- Employ capacity building principles in the development and implementation of all activities
- Develop, document and share all tools and materials developed?with partners and country staff
- Additional responsibilities and tasks to be assigned as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Educational background or certification in Gender/Women’s Studies, International Development, or related field
- Familiarity with software packages for data entry and analysis
- Report writing skills
- Experience with participatory training and/or facilitation
- Concrete experience in projects and programs targeting young women and men
- High degree of intercultural communication skills
- Superior teamwork skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities in an autonomous way
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
Terms and Conditions:
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement.
Most costs related to this placement are covered. EQWIP HUBs offers the following conditions that cover basic living expenses while in-country. They include:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Online pre-departure training
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return international flights and visa costs
- Health and emergency insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas. This allowance covers communications, housing and food costs and other typical monthly living expenses
Volunteers contribute to youth innovation
Successful applicants undertake to fundraise prior to departure. Volunteer contributions support the Youth Innovation Fund which provides small grants to local youth business start-ups. Fundraising goals are between $2,950 and $3,900 and based on placement length.